Thursday, July 12, 2012

Midnight thoughts

Responsibility.
Everyone in this society loves responsible people, no matter which industry you are in. I mean.. Who likes irresponsible brats right?
Simple responsibilities like punctuality and finishing what you are assigned on time. As easy as it may sound, many people just can't do it. I'm a strong believer that being punctual goes a long way, and it is also a way to see how serious and passionate they are in certain things. In the corporate industry, time is everything. You most probably have to clock in at work, and as a dancer you need to report on time for stage marking etc. You can be late for a few times(1 or 2) but definitely not ALL THE TIME! Lateness really reflects your attitude towards your job and even your life! You risks getting a bad reputation among your friends and colleagues and lose job opportunities thanks to that. Yes you can give a millions of excuses like the bus broke down, can't get a cab etc. But how many times can you do that? I can even memorize some of my friend's excuses.
Friend A: hey where's friend b?
Me: late as usual. Diarrhea ?
Friend b send a whatsapp: hey guys sorry my stomach is not feeling well, will be very late!

See! Your excuses are so overused that I can start working as some guru that predicts the future!

I'm not shooting arrows at anyone but if all these sound familiar to you then you better do something about it. I just feel really uncomfortable to see my friend's life rot away because of such issues that can be 100% controlled by you. Always not able to catch the bus? Leave your house earlier! Set a resolution to be punctual and work them. With punctuality, most people will trust you with important tasks and more people will enjoy going out or working with you :)


Just my two cents worth at 4am in the morning. Love y'all!


Oh btw my formspring is down I have no idea why... BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: